- The DNP program requires a student to have a Master of Science in Nursing with a current, unrestricted nursing license in the state of Florida.
- Official (original) transcripts appropriately signed and sealed and sent directly to Nexus University.
- For international students, they would need the Master of Science in Nursing and if completed in an English-speaking country or earned at least 30 college credits in the United States will be waived from the English-language testing requirement.
- The transcript for the Master of Science in Nursing from another country would need to be evaluated by a member of NACES. If the MSN transcript is in the Spanish language, then the applicant can easily submit the transcript online to SpanTran which is a recognized member of NACES. SpanTran is already set up to translate, evaluate, and verify transcripts for foreign students who wish to study at Nexus University.
- Students who earned their Master of Science in Nursing in a language other than English and have not earned at least 30 college credits in the U.S. are required to take either the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (Internal English Language Testing System): TOEFL: Must score a minimum of 70 on the IBT (Internet Based test). IELTS: Must score 6.5 or better overall (Nexus University code is 4237)
- The evaluation results must be received by Nexus University in a sealed envelope or emailed from the evaluating service directly to the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org, ATTN: Office of the Registrar.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is not required.
- Current, active and unrestricted professional nursing licensure.
- Current government-issued identification.
- $50 application fee.
Note: The DNP program does not prepare graduates for licensure as an RN or APRN.
HOW TO APPLY
Easy. Fast. Now!
Complete the online application here
Pay Application Fee
Provide all official transcripts- these may be mailed to:
NEXUS UNIVERSITY Academics Department
111 NE 1st Street, 3rd. Floor
Miami, Fl. 33132
Or Emailed to Registrar@nexusuniversity.com
Complete the Enrollment and Financial Agreement online and submit.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Once our Department of Finance approved your application process, you will receive an e-mail from MyNexus/Populi with your user name and a request to reset password.
- After the password is reset, you will be assigned the role of “student” and given a student ID number.
- The Academic department will send an advisement report outlining any transfer of credits and the proposed completion time.
- Now, you will be able to start the New Student orientation workshop in our Learning Platform, Canvas.
RE-ADMISSION AFTER SUSPENSION FOR UNSATISFACTORY PROGRESS
Student who are academically dismissed are required to:
- Submit a written request for re-admittance, in which is outlined the steps he/she has taken/to keep GPA at or above program required level.
- This request is reviewed and decided on by the department of Academic affairs.
- Retake the respective course (s) with the lowest grade(s) earned during the academic probation period until the minimum program GPA has been achieved.
- Engage in discussion on degree completion plan with member of the department of academics affairs.
- Seek additional approval from Director of school of Nursing and Health Nursing (APPLICABLE ONLY TO NURSING STUDENTS).
Students returning to Nexus University after being absent for 12 or more months are required to complete re-admission paperwork and pay the current application fee. The prior academic standing of the student who re-enters will remain in effect upon resuming their studies.
To learn more about our Admissions guidelines, please download our Institutional Catalog.
Students who have been out for less than 12 months but more than 3 months are required to sign a new enrollment and financial agreement, but does not need a new application.