BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN BUSINESS ANALYTICS
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
BECOME A DRIVING FORCE FOR BETTER BUSINESS
Nexus University’s Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics undergraduate degree program teaches students to lead their organization’s big data objectives through data management and statistical analysis. Using sophisticated data analysis software, students learn to solve complex and multidimensional business problems, and in the process, they acquire the knowledge, understanding, skills, and hands-on experience needed to become a data architect and senior business leader.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, demand for professionals with expertise in data science and analytics will grow much faster than average over the next decade1. Earn your Bachelor of Science in Analytics online at Nexus University to gain the skills and knowledge you need to compete in this fast-growing field.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT IN THIS PROGRAM?
Relevant skills that can be immediately applied to your career.
Highly qualified faculty with relevant career experience.
Online theory classes that let you study at your own pace.
Education priced around the needs of our student population.
Flexibility that lets you maintain a work-life balance.
Small class size for personalized communications with faculty.
What Will You Learn How to Do?
In this program, students learn how to lead their organization’s big data objectives through data management and statistical analysis. You will solve complex and multidimensional business problems using sophisticated data analysis software and graduate with the knowledge, understanding, skills, and hands-on experience to become a data architect and senior leader.
Why Choose Nexus University for Your BSBA Degree?
- We have deep experience with online higher education.
- Higher education that is more accessible than ever.
- We provide you with the tools to become a true professional leader.
- You learn important communication, critical thinking and leadership skills.
- All qualified applicants are accepted.
- Transfer up to 90 general education credits.
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a solid understanding of popular data analysis software.
2. Create data analysis programs to find solutions to their organizations’ data problems.
3. Create data analysis reports for organizations recommending solutions to their organizations’ data problems using advanced technology.
4. Communicate their data analysis findings to their organizations.
5. Serve as an advocate of data analysis design and ethical practice within their organizations.
6. Apply interdisciplinary and analytical skills to address business issues found within an organizational environment.
CAREER OUTLOOK FOR PROFESSIONALS WITH A BSBA
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of management analysts is projected to grow 14 percent from 2018 to 2028, which is much faster than the average for all occupations. Demand for the services of these workers is expected to increase as organizations continue to seek ways to improve efficiency and control costs.
Business analysts will be increasingly valuable as more companies incorporate digital technologies that allow for objective tracking and measuring across the entire enterprise. As an analyst, your job will be to define a problem, collect and analyze data pertaining to it, evaluate company processes and procedures, and ultimately recommend and deploy strategies designed to solve the issue.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT BSBA HOLDERS 2
- As of May 2019, the median annual wage for management analysts was $85,260.
- The highest 10 percent in the field earned more than $154,310.
- Demand for business and management analysts is expected to be particularly strong in the healthcare and health insurance industries.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH A BSBA DEGREE?
In a complex, data-driven world, professionals with the skills to organize and analyze business data in a meaningful way are becoming more valuable by the day. Nexus University’s Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics undergraduate degree program prepares students for careers such as:
- Marketing research analyst
- Operations research analyst
- Data and analytics manager
- Financial and budget analyst
- Cost estimator
- Data visualization modeler
To be awarded a BSBA degree, a student must have a total of 120 credits. This is broken down into 60 lower division credit hours, which includes 42 general education credit hours, plus 60 upper division credit hours.
The Admissions Process
Applying to a degree program at the Nexus University School of Business is fast and easy. Applications are reviewed within 48 hours and all qualified applicants are accepted. Upon reviewing your application, your admission representative will contact you to follow up with the admission process.
If you need more details, please visit our Admission page. If you’re ready to take the first step, you can:
BIS 124 Computer and Internet Literacy
BUS 214 Introduction to Business
MAT 111 College Algebra
ENG 112 English Composition I
STA 121 Statistics
ENG 122 English Composition II
ACC 223 Accounting I
ART 113 Art Appreciation
STA 231 Business Statistics
ACC 332 Accounting II
BIS 133 Introduction to Information System
PSY 134 Psychology
MAT 341 Trigonometry
DAT 342 Introduction to SAS Programming
FIN 243 Finance
BIO 144 Biology
MAT 351 Pre-Calculus
ECO 352 Microeconomics
SPC 153 Speech
DAT 354 Introduction to Phython Programming
MAT 361 Business Calculus I
ECO 362 Macroeconomics
HLP 163 Total Wellness
SCI 164 Earth Science*
MAT 471 Business Calculus II
STA 472 Introduction to Computational Statistical Software
PHI 173 Introduction to Logic
ETH 274 Business Ethics
DAT 481 Advanced Business Analytics
MGT 282 Organizational Behavior for Managers
ETH 274 Business Ethics
STA 491 Applied Regression Models
DAT 492 Business Research Methods
COM 493 Business Communication
PHI 494 Critical Thinking and Decision Making in Business
STA 401 Time Series Analysis and Forecasting
DAT 402 Data Mining for Business
DAT 403 Big Data Analytics and Visualization for Business
MKT 404 Marketing
1Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Management Analysts, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/management-analysts.htm (visited July 28, 2020
2Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Management Analysts, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/management-analysts.htm (visited July 28, 2020).