At Nexus University, we are committed to developing workforce-relevant programs delivered on accessible learning platforms designed to meet the professional needs of an ever-evolving global workforce. Our value-driven educational experience emphasizes academic excellence, innovation, professional integrity, and respect for cultural and social diversity.
In the same way, FAPSC members support professionalism, integrity and accountability and hold themselves to the highest level of ethical standards and fair practices.
This post aims to offer an overview of Nexus University, its values, accreditations, and what it means to be a member of such a renowned institution as FAPSC.
What is the Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges?
FAPSC is a non–profit member organization serving career schools and colleges licensed by the Florida Department of Education Commission for Independent Education (CIE).
FAPSC provides leadership, support and advocacy for quality career education.
The Values of FAPSC
- Access – Continually increase access to postsecondary education.
- Accountability – Student outcomes are reported and accessible to the public.
- Choice – Students should be free to choose the institution that meets their needs regardless of institutional ownership.
- Integrity – Hold institutions to the highest ethical standards and fair practices.
- Professionalism – Annually provide faculty and staff continuing education to advance professionalism, knowledge, and skills.
Nexus University’s representative on the FAPSC Board of Directors & Staff 2021-22
Vice-Chancellor of Administration
Mrs. Jessica Suito is a talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic financial expert with over ten years of experience in private and public companies. With an excellent track record in restructuring financial support areas, Ms. Suito manages key financial components of Nexus University, such as budgeting, cash flow management, standard accounting activities and more. As part of the executive leadership team, she oversees day-to-day activities that directly support smooth university operations, from purchasing to facility maintenance and HHRR. Prior to joining Nexus, Ms. Suito spent more than a decade as the Founder and CFO of Niso, a company that helped businesses with financial and operational restructuring.
Discover what drives Nexus
Aspiring professionals benefit from applied learning. Nexus University combines education programs in high-demand fields with the flexibility and convenience of online learning. Our programs offer students – especially working professionals – a sustainable path to advanced qualifications and expanded career opportunities.
At Nexus, your journey is our journey. We speak your language, understand your goals, and offer online learning programs that can give you the skills, knowledge, and confidence to realize your potential.
Our Learning as Service philosophy provides the foundation for our value-driven educational experience that emphasizes workforce-relevant program offerings delivered on accessible learning platforms designed to meet the professional needs of an ever-evolving global workforce.
- Our mission: is to form professionals through educational experiences that stimulate ethical behavior, as well as an attitude of enterprise, innovation, leadership and respect for cultural and social diversity. To do so, we provide undergraduate and graduate programs of excellence and perform activities that generate, articulate and disseminate knowledge that contributes to the national community in the cultural, educational, social and economic fields, considering the context of a global world and the norms of scientific rigor.
- Our Vision: Nexus University, a branch campus of Universidad Mayor is dedicated to being recognized as a university that offers its stakeholders an experience focused in academic excellence within an institutional culture of dynamic approach to education and a student-centric philosophy that encourages engagement with culturally diverse local and global communities.
- Our Values: Integrity, Tolerance, and Social Responsibility are values that define our behavior and culture. These values maintain and strengthen the institution’s identity around Academic Excellence, Public Vocation, and Equal Treatment.
Our Accreditations and Associations
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE): Nexus University is a branch campus of Universidad Mayor. Universidad Mayor, including its branch campuses, is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). 3624 Market St., Philadelphia, Pa., 19104-2680. Students can access further information on accreditation at https://www.msche.org or 267-284-5000 https://www.msche.org/institution/9172
- Florida Department of Education: Commission For Independent Education (CIE) Nexus University is licensed by the Florida Commission for Independent Education (CIE), License #3985. CIE is responsible for the licensure of postsecondary, nonpublic, educational institutions in the State of Florida and can be contacted at 325 W. Gaines St, Suite 1414 Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400 | 850-245-3200 http://www.fldoe.org/policy/cie/
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN): The Baccalaureate and the Master’s nursing programs at Nexus University, located in Miami, Florida, are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326 (404) 975-5000. The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the RN to BSN and Master’s nursing programs is Initial Accreditation. View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding these programs at http://www.acenursing.com/accreditedprograms/programsearch.htm
Born in Chile, Raised in Miami
As the U.S. branch of Universidad Mayor in Chile, Nexus University reflects the spirit and ambition of the American dream. Our American journey has been and continues to be driven by the pursuit of opportunity, the cultivation of an independent spirit and a commitment to aspirational achievement.
At Nexus, we are committed to each student’s success. We pride ourselves on building a permanent and close connection with our students by caring for the individual needs of students and not only their needs as students. Our Student Services department advances student development and learning, fosters community engagement, promotes diversity, inclusion and respect, and empowers students to thrive. Student Services also promotes activities where students are able to share their knowledge and obtain genuine professional experiences in the community.
The Student Services team has many ways to help students navigate university life and, when necessary, also acts as a liaison between the student and the Academic Department, ensuring inquiries are resolved and that students are well positioned to succeed. Student Services also handles such matters as complaints, and appeals.
We believe our students have the fundamental right to:
- Personal and Intellectual liberty
- Mutual Respect
- Quality Education
- A learning environment free from discrimination, harassment, or any form of hazing
Please use the form through the link to get in touch with us and one of our team members will get back to you as soon as possible! https://www.nexusuniversity.com/request-info/